Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 16 - Rainbow Beach

seperate post of australianisms is about to go down.


Day 16 - Rainbow Beach

Woke up feeling much better than the previous two days. Beer is better for the hangover for sure but pricey need to consider my Whitsunday sailing trip alcohol strategy. I don't really have anything going on today. Kinda stuck. I have a bus that doesn't leave till 7pm. In rainbow beach there is nothing. I do a lot of reading and Internet, walk along the beach see a couple of really good surfers but can't rally myself to hope in. Definitely feel a cold coming on from my frasier island shenanigans. read some more - in case your interested i've read about his stories from his parents and grandparents of when he was young, his memories of indonesia and hawaii, and am now reading about his community organizer work in Chicago. He's just decided to apply to law school. And I think the last section of the book is about him traveling to Kenya and resolving the mystery that is his father and his african family. Good read. I do decide to take the hostel tour of the Carlo sandblow which was beautiful. one end falls into the pacific ocean the other end into a tropical forest and the community of rainbow beach w/ an amazing sunset. The tour also gives me a chance to be social as well. Tell the new backpackers about how amazing frasier island is. By the way i'm backing on one of my frasier island teamates to send out an email to all to share pics. However this one person didn't do anything to help out on the trip so chances of getting pictures are not high. I hop on the bus and try to fall asleep but can't. It is getting annoying and i try litteraly every possible position through the night. Sitting up, leaning against the window, laying on my side taking two seats, lying on my back tacking two seats, legs pressed against the window. Fuck! oh and i brought a loaf of bread onto the bus for dinner/breakfast, we hit up a truck stop, get back on the bus, turn on the lights and notice my bread is covered w/ what apppears to be coakroaches. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment