Day 21 - Sydney
So since I've already been in Sydney for 3 full days there is really not much on the agenda. Some last item shopping, surfing, check out darling harbor. I decide to walk from the hostel to sydney opera house via the bay walk some other kids in the hostel told me about. It was nice and I only got almost lost once. Ended up in the botanical gardens and stumbled upon the museum of new south wales. Went in not expecting much but was pleasently surprised three floors of 17th/18th centurary european art, Australian artists, Contempory, Asian artifacts. And in fron two statues were inclosed by houses and the statues were turn into room art. Kinda hard to explain but cool. I'd have to show the nonexistent pictures. In all I spend over 2 hrs there. Wow. Free too. I walk threw downtown realizing i havent done that yet. Watch some skaters. One kid trying to jump off a 10 step drop some professionally photogropher were shooting. He didnt land it though. Walk further west to darling harbour. Basically our Pier 39 but accepted by locals and tons of people celebrating friday happy hour. There is a wildlife exhibit, aquarium, imax 3d, chinese garden, martime museum and more restaurants and bars than you know what to with. I people watch then grab a ferry back to Circle Quey main harbor. The ferry was smooth as hell and gave a great vantage point of this gigantic luxury crusier, harbour bridge and sydney opera house. head back to the hostel. play more drinking games. meet more people in my room. one dude kevin is from amsterdam just came from buenos aires. were he met a chick from sydney who told him she would be having a welcom back party in sydney tonight. we get there 10 before midnight and they tell us wecant come in cuz place close at midnight. really? midnight. bull shit. we head back to kings cross. on place is free but empty we bounce. another place is empty looks cool but wants 10 dollar cover. pass. world bar is bumping but says its guest list only. sugarmill looks cool but $10 cover. lame. i'm begining to not like this neighborhood. It is way too North Beach. we end up at bourbon w/ free entry passes we picked up on the street. Place is packed but again mainly guys and clicky girls. I get rejected by this girl. which is fine but what are you at the club for? I notice some girls from my hostel back in rainbow beach for Frasier Island. Another example of a Small World along a Backpackers route. They actually were in my room but i didnt get to know them thatwell at Frasier. We talk the hottest girl its her last night, Aly. I try to move in but lose track of her and she is gone. A few of her friends stay back and we head back to the irish pub. Mistake, 2 drunken guys start hitting on the girls to the point where they want to leave. We try to recover at the next place but the chemistry was kinda broken and we go our seperate ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment