i miss watching american sports
Day 17 - Airlie Beach
Arrive early in the morning about 9am. Walk out the bus and it is hot as balls. Already so early in the morning it will be a scorcher. I've gotten far enough North that every day is 90+ DegF. I go the Whitsundays Sailing Office and reconfirm my trip. Sign up for a Scuba session. Conveiniently my hostel is next door so I drop off my bag. Walk around town. It is pretty much one main strip filled w/ beach & souvenier shops, hostels, snack shops, and backpacker hostel's. Placed is definitely a launching pad for backpackers to go to whitsundays. Which is what I am and probably why I imediatly felt comfortable in the place. Grab some breakfast and eat it in a huge outdoor beer garden which is part of Magnums Hostel. Place screams party as well as Beaches hostel down the street. I spot several clubs. Hope on the internet a bit but realize if I don't get sleep i'll be worthless in the night. Walk past the Lagoon on the way back to my hostel. Tons of people laying on the grass sun bathing. I come to the conclusion that there is a shit load of backpackers that hang out at the lagoon by day and rage at night. Not a bad life. Take a nap. A few of the other guys in the room have the same idea. Meet one irish guy who tells me about his sail trip and and after sail party at Phoenix. Cool i have an option. Grab food and a beer at Beaches. Sitting alone about half way done w/ my first beer and a guy walks up and sit down next to me. Chill friendly guy from BC. We talk bout our travels. Through the talk I get a sense of a bit of socially awkward vibe from him. Can't really give an example just that feeling. He tells me about how he has gone out in the past and has gotten thrown out of bars. Another negative sign. But he is social and every time i get up to piss he is talking to new people on either side of us. So I meet them. A couple from Adeliade. They guy very cool. He works for the the starforce basically australian SWAT. But how pimp would that be what do you do? Oh. I work for STARFORCE. Boom! To the right are two girls from england. Friendly girls and end up hoping to the next bar w/ them. There is guitarist playing covers. In fact at the last bar also a guy playing covers. (side note MGMT *might be the whole album. yes!* is on in the internet cafe right now and right about now there getting ready to rock Treasure Island Music festival. Fuck i'm missing it). Stay there for a bit. But my BC friend is getting hamered and I'm not sure what he said but the girls are starting to look at him funny and are obviously losing interest. I just think the whole thing is funny. We head to Phoenix i see my Irish hostelmate. He is on his way out to shenanigans. I stay and dance there for a bit good dj. Head to shenanigans solo. Guy bails w/ new girls i suspect. Girls get tired and want to go home. Booo. Shenanigans had a live band. I dance with the cute indian girl. Not sure how that one got a away. Meet more guys from my hostel room. And we head to mama africa's dance club across the street. A little more swanky. Which I found in australia means more guys and the few girls that are there are pared off or are having nothing to do w/ you. Whateves fun enough w/ the hostel mates and overall a great bar/club hoping night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment