yes australians use "mate" and "no worries" like it's nobodies business
Day 5 - Sleep in. Still no one in the room. Hang out the hostel's common room. Only a few people. Again this place is a huge hotel turn hostel. It's really not condusive to meeting people unless the are in you room. No luck for me. I've considered moving to a different hostel. Grab a hawaiian chicken sandwich and head to the beach. The sadwich is amazing. Wind is blowing hard, a constant theme at the beach during this trip. I'm thinking related to the aftermath of the dust storm somehow. I don't see anyone surfing and i'm a bit puzzled. So walk south down the beach toward the light house and the most easterly point on the australian mainland. On my way I met a swedish girl named tez. Good chat we talked about the states, school, proffesions, traveling in australia. She leaves and i regret not trying to met up w/ her later and her "friends". The hike to the lighthouse is pretty and i come across a lot of wildlife. Tons of birds that I've never seen in the states and nearly step on a huge iguana. Yes this is the rainforest. Climb the light house and peer down just south of Byron Bay and see Tallows beach. Boom! Covered with surfers this is it this is where I'll ride. But i'm on a cliff and don't see a clear way to get there. Plus it's pretty far from downtown and all the surf shops. Oh well i'll figure it out tomorrow. Head back to town. Enjoy a fine thai meal. Get back to my room. Still no folks. Booo! Take a nap and slowly slip into a funk. Tired not sure where to go out. But break out and hit up a bar drink some Stone & Wood a local Byron Bay brew. Watch some cricket. I'll tell you I haven't seen so much cricket and australian rules football in my life. I think i'm starting to understand the games. Eventually i head to the Beach Hotel. A huge place w/ and inside a big patio outside and this outside but really inside music hall w/ a chill band dowing laid back covers. I pull up a seat. Again by myself. Thinking this isn't going to be the easiest place to meet people. Groups partioned off at tables and my crutch (top 40 dance music) no where to be found. I'm nearly two beers deep contemplating where i'm going next when a group of three girls comes over. 1 hot (an 8 and i'm being conservative) and 2 not as hot girls. It was wierd the 1 hot one leads the way talks to me and after getting introduced the other 2 girls break off and sit at a table off to the side. This girl is super easy to talk to. Her name is Yves from Hannover, Germany. Her english is great. She talks about her time in california. I talk about my time in Germany. We click. Grab another beer we all head outside. The other 2 girls start to talk about going home but we convince them to come to a club. Club is stupid packed w/ a 30min line and who's no how much cover. 2 girlfriends aren't having it bail but tell Yves that she should stay. She need no convincing. This is earily too easy. Hot woman walks up to me at a bar. Starts chatting me up. Then is down to hang out w/ her friends. Keep in mind all the while I was the lone guy at the bar. Porno's are made out of this kinda stuff. So me and Yves hit the bar across the street. Chat some more then get interupted by a guy who was obviously on something. My guess cocaine. Later i find out it's ectasy. He is a riot but a bit too much. Yves can't fully understand his rants and i'm getting the vibe that this guy doesnt really give a shit about meating us but instead wants attention. He is with two girls .We have a disjointed conversations about where we are from, drugs, and how hot Yves is. We escape them and head back to the club. At this point no line and a $10 cover. reasonable. he head in we dance. we drink. we dance. i show her the fact that all urinals that i've been too in australia you stand on a metal grate. wierd. she give me a lap dance. too good to be true. we joke about how im gay. telling her about how i met the guy from london at cheeky monkies sets her off. I go with it. We roll out the club. She grabs a smoke. And i use a line that i have to admit not the first time. It was inpired by the Woody Allen film Annie Hall which i saw a dolo movie night this summer. He is on a first date with Annie and the hit it off. They are walking on the streee and he say something to the effect, " you know we should just kiss now cuz if we wait till later, you know the whole at the door step thing, at that point it will be surrounded with too much pressure. it'll happen. let's just get in out of theway". Sounds like garbage. But i referenced the movie and it worked. Good thing no ones in my hostel room.
Day 5 - Sleep in. Still no one in the room. Hang out the hostel's common room. Only a few people. Again this place is a huge hotel turn hostel. It's really not condusive to meeting people unless the are in you room. No luck for me. I've considered moving to a different hostel. Grab a hawaiian chicken sandwich and head to the beach. The sadwich is amazing. Wind is blowing hard, a constant theme at the beach during this trip. I'm thinking related to the aftermath of the dust storm somehow. I don't see anyone surfing and i'm a bit puzzled. So walk south down the beach toward the light house and the most easterly point on the australian mainland. On my way I met a swedish girl named tez. Good chat we talked about the states, school, proffesions, traveling in australia. She leaves and i regret not trying to met up w/ her later and her "friends". The hike to the lighthouse is pretty and i come across a lot of wildlife. Tons of birds that I've never seen in the states and nearly step on a huge iguana. Yes this is the rainforest. Climb the light house and peer down just south of Byron Bay and see Tallows beach. Boom! Covered with surfers this is it this is where I'll ride. But i'm on a cliff and don't see a clear way to get there. Plus it's pretty far from downtown and all the surf shops. Oh well i'll figure it out tomorrow. Head back to town. Enjoy a fine thai meal. Get back to my room. Still no folks. Booo! Take a nap and slowly slip into a funk. Tired not sure where to go out. But break out and hit up a bar drink some Stone & Wood a local Byron Bay brew. Watch some cricket. I'll tell you I haven't seen so much cricket and australian rules football in my life. I think i'm starting to understand the games. Eventually i head to the Beach Hotel. A huge place w/ and inside a big patio outside and this outside but really inside music hall w/ a chill band dowing laid back covers. I pull up a seat. Again by myself. Thinking this isn't going to be the easiest place to meet people. Groups partioned off at tables and my crutch (top 40 dance music) no where to be found. I'm nearly two beers deep contemplating where i'm going next when a group of three girls comes over. 1 hot (an 8 and i'm being conservative) and 2 not as hot girls. It was wierd the 1 hot one leads the way talks to me and after getting introduced the other 2 girls break off and sit at a table off to the side. This girl is super easy to talk to. Her name is Yves from Hannover, Germany. Her english is great. She talks about her time in california. I talk about my time in Germany. We click. Grab another beer we all head outside. The other 2 girls start to talk about going home but we convince them to come to a club. Club is stupid packed w/ a 30min line and who's no how much cover. 2 girlfriends aren't having it bail but tell Yves that she should stay. She need no convincing. This is earily too easy. Hot woman walks up to me at a bar. Starts chatting me up. Then is down to hang out w/ her friends. Keep in mind all the while I was the lone guy at the bar. Porno's are made out of this kinda stuff. So me and Yves hit the bar across the street. Chat some more then get interupted by a guy who was obviously on something. My guess cocaine. Later i find out it's ectasy. He is a riot but a bit too much. Yves can't fully understand his rants and i'm getting the vibe that this guy doesnt really give a shit about meating us but instead wants attention. He is with two girls .We have a disjointed conversations about where we are from, drugs, and how hot Yves is. We escape them and head back to the club. At this point no line and a $10 cover. reasonable. he head in we dance. we drink. we dance. i show her the fact that all urinals that i've been too in australia you stand on a metal grate. wierd. she give me a lap dance. too good to be true. we joke about how im gay. telling her about how i met the guy from london at cheeky monkies sets her off. I go with it. We roll out the club. She grabs a smoke. And i use a line that i have to admit not the first time. It was inpired by the Woody Allen film Annie Hall which i saw a dolo movie night this summer. He is on a first date with Annie and the hit it off. They are walking on the streee and he say something to the effect, " you know we should just kiss now cuz if we wait till later, you know the whole at the door step thing, at that point it will be surrounded with too much pressure. it'll happen. let's just get in out of theway". Sounds like garbage. But i referenced the movie and it worked. Good thing no ones in my hostel room.
Dude! Now that's what I'm talking about! Way to pull it buddy! and I love the line. Totally stealing it.
ReplyDeleteAnd Byron Bay is gorgeous!
Keep rocking it, rock star.
This is awesome...the kt answers are just flowing, no questions needed ;)
ReplyDeleteGood work mate! Australia is a mecca for groups of travelling hotties, luv it... Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to come up with another movie quote and use it on your next conquest...
ReplyDelete